Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bare Esentuals: BUXOM Lip Gloss Review


Bare Escentuals BUXOM Lip Gloss
After hearing and reading so much about this gloss, I finally decided to give it a try. It comes in 31 colors; I ordered the clear version, called Krystal. It came in a nice little box, and I opened it to find a pretty large tube, attractive in design with a small brush applicator. The gloss itself seems to be rather sticky, or more rather just really thick. It’s super shiny, and has a pretty raw mint taste. As for the lip-plumping effects, I don’t think it made my lips any bigger, but honestly; do any lip-glosses really make your lips bigger? Perhaps the thickness and shine of the gloss do help though.
Pros
Solid, attractive container
Gloss is long lasting on your lips
Easy to use and hold applicator
Cons
Large container can be inconvenient if you have a small purse
Gloss formula is somewhat sticky-if you don’t like thick, this isn’t for you
The taste can be a downside; it’s kind of like a super strong green mint tea.

Overall, this gloss is ok. I love that it’s Bare Escentuals, and from the famed BUXOM line, but I would rather go with something a little lighter weight.
(Ps. The one I received has a brush applicator, while some pictured on retailer’s website have the regular sponge applicator. Just make sure you know what you’re getting if you do buy this gloss)




No comments:

Post a Comment