Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dior: DiorShow Mascara Review

Dior DiorShow Mascara
I was pretty excited to get to try this mascara, as I’ve heard tons about it. To my delight, one of my friends gave me a tube of it! I had some already, so I pulled them both out to compare. The one I had is a black tube with a silver handle, and a silver box, .38 oz. The one my friend gave me had the same name but it’s completely different! It came in a blue box, the tube is blue with the word “Dior” laid out on it in rhinestones, and is a big .53 oz! The ingredients are different too. In the pictures I am wearing the black tube one, and the one on the top is one coat; the one below is two coats. The other two pictures are the two different tubes I have.
 For the black tube, the mascara formula itself I like. It’s almost like a gel. The brush is your normal brush, kind of cone shaped. It holds a good amount of mascara. The application though, I wasn’t so impressed with. It seemed to take quite a few strokes in order to get it on my lashes. It does a great job of lengthening my lashes, but I’d like a little more thickness. If I’m willing to spend a few extra minutes working on it, I can get them looking pretty nice. One time, I was in the car putting on my makeup, and my makeup box had been sitting by the heater on
the floor. That time the mascara worked marvelously! I think
perhaps the heat must’ve done something to it.
The one that comes in the blue tube I didn’t like so much though. The mascara was goopy, and was really similar to the MAC Plush Lash that I reviewed earlier. Hard to get on, hard to take off.  It clumped my lashes together and made them look spiky. If I wiped off the brush a little bit before application, it did work a bit better. But overall, I wouldn’t rate it too high.

Pros and cons of the black tube one:
Pros:
Great lengthening qualities
Good, basic brush lifts lashes nicely
Washes off easily
Gel-like formula is nifty
Cons:
Can take some effort to really get the mascara on your lashes
Doesn’t thicken or volumize as much as I’d like

Overall, I like this mascara. I’d prefer something that puts more on my lashes, but this definitely functions well as basic, everyday mascara.

1 comment:

  1. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara Blackest Black is my all time favorite lash thickener. It goes on thinner the first applications and then after about 5 applications it thickens up to a nice consistency that plumps lashes. I love mascara too and wear it in layers always to extend mine. :)

    ReplyDelete