Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MAC: Eyeshadow Review

MAC Eyeshadow
This is a beautiful, highly pigmented eyeshadow with great staying power. It comes in a sturdy, round, compact container, which apparently with a bit of work, can be reused and interchanged with a new shadow.  It comes in 167 colors (!) and finishes like matte, frost and shimmers, of which I have Carbon, their matte, “intense black” color. And when they described it as black, they meant black! This won’t turn grey on your eyelids, ladies!  I mainly use it for setting my eyeliner, but occasionally I’ll create a smoky eye and venture it further up my eyelid. It’s not at all powdery, like some shadows can be.
Pros
Solid colors
Great staying power
Convienent, compact container that’s easy to fit into any makeup collection
Doesn’t “fall” down off my eyelids onto underneath my eyes
Cons
Shadow is so tightly pressed that it takes awhile to get it onto your applicator
You might have a hard time choosing from all those colors ;)

Overall, I like this shadow.  It’s solid and totally gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment