Monday, March 8, 2010

Wet N' Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss Review

Wet N’ Wild Megaslicks Lip Gloss Review
Yes, I’m not afraid to try cheap makeup! Hey, if I can spend less money, why not. The downside of it is, of course, that the quality will be lower. But sometimes you find nice little gems for only a few bucks, and you’ll be giggling with glee at your beauty bargain!
I have been in need for a few new lip-glosses, so a little while ago I visited the beauty section in my local department store. Everything was so expensive; I was thinking I was going to have to turn to eBay! But then these little treasures caught my eye….Wet N’ Wild’s Megaslicks lip-glosses. I bought three, not only were they cheap, but also “Buy two get one free”. I got Crystal Clear (clear gloss), Cherish (baby pink) and Bronze Berry (like the name!). I also have Strawberry Ice (bright pink/coral), which I got awhile ago. They’re very nicely sized, almost 5 inches long. Easy to slip into a jacket pocket or purse! They have a regular sponge-tip applicator.
Now for the gloss itself….it is a bit sticky. It’s really shimmery and long lasting. It’s really thick, a lot more like a liquid lipstick than it is gloss. It’s pretty tough to get off, so if you put it on, plan on wearing it for awhile. If you try and wash it off with water, the sparkles go all over your face! The glosses have a slight watermelon scent, but not overpowering. The exception is the clear one, which isn’t sticky or goopy, has no sparkles, and is pretty much unscented. If you apply a clear gloss before you put any of the colored shimmer ones, it thins it out a little and isn’t so sticky.

Pros:
Nice packaging
Super cheap!
Long lasting
Good variety of colors
Goes on smoothly, easy to apply

Cons:
Can be sticky
Re-application can make it a bit goopy
The sparkles in the gloss can travel too easily
Hard to remove
Scent could be a turn-off for some people

Overall, I like these glosses! Cheap, easy, fun.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment