Monday, March 15, 2010

Naturale Beauty (J.A. Cosmetics): Smokey Eyes Set



Naturale’ Beauty: Smokey Eyes Set
This set is from J.A. cosmetics, which somehow is part of e.l.f cosmetics too.
I was browsing the cheap makeup kits at Ross when this caught my eye, mainly because it was the only one that boasted of being “natural” and had a bit of quality to it. A brand I’ve never heard of before, but it was so prettily packaged and a great price…$7.00 for three potted eyeshadows, two brushes and an eyeliner. Honestly, I would’ve bought it just for the brushes! (In the picture of the box, the empty spaces on the left is where the lids were).
The eyeshadows are Mysterious (a light, purple/gray), Socialite (a dark, shimmery brown similar to Bare Essentials’ eyeshadow/liner in “Root”), and Seductive (a matte black). They can be applied wet or dry, however if you apply it wet, once it dries it has the same qualities as before and brushes off easily. The formula itself though is great, and the natural, mineral aspect of it is a bonus. They blend with the oil on my eyelids, and don’t crease.
The brushes are cheap, but very nice for being cheap. They’re quite similar to Bare Essentials’ eye brushes. One is short and thickly packed with bristles, for main application, and the other is longer, not packed so tight, meant for blending in the crease area.  They both work great, no complaints here. The eyeliner is a curious object, the lid doubles as a sharpener! Which can be annoying, if you’re not used to it. The liner boasts that it is “feather proof”, and for the most part it is, as long as you don’t rub it. I find this nice because it doesn’t smear or run on my eyes, but if I make a mistake I can get it off fairly easily.
 
Pros:
Low priced
Complete set, items complement each other
Eyeshadows have good staying power, but wash off easily
Eyeshadows don’t crease
Brushes are soft and work great

Cons:
Cap on the eyeliner is awkward
The “Mysterious” eyeshadow doesn’t apply much unless used wet

Overall, I love this set! Amazing price, great products. Would definitely recommend. J
I give it five stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment